Plunge boldly into the thick of life, and seize it where you will, it is always interesting.
~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Thanks for ambling onto my page.
A few random facts about me:
- My favorite way to relax – have a cup of tea and work on a puzzle
- I have an odd love for excel :)
- I grew up in Liard Hotsprings, the far north of BC, and as they say you can take the girl out of the North, but never the North out of the girl!
- I do not like umbrellas (your hands always get cold!) and love a torrential downpour
- I love to collect inspiring quotations (in an excel spreadsheet!)
I would rather be ashes than dust. I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by a dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom in magnificent glow – than a sleepy comfortable planet. The proper function of man is to live, not merely exist. I shall use my time.
~ Jack London
It wasn’t until my 30s did I buy my first umbrella. I hate holding one. but I walked to work in Boston and it rains a lot. I got tired of sitting in cold, wet work clothes for 8 hours. So I had to buy an umbrella. Sad day.
That is a very good point… I suppose it is only enjoyable getting soaking wet if you have the opportunity to dry out afterwards…. wood burning stove and a cup of tea, or something like that. Thanks for sharing!