Whats in my bag?????
A lot of stuff…. far too much I am sure (warning this is my first multiday trip so maybe don’t use this for advice):
- Sleeping gear: 2 person tent, sleeping bag, thermarest (3/4 length)
- Rain Gear: backpack cover, jacket, pants, also toque, gloves and fleece neck warmer for added warmth
- Clothes – Tops: two long sleeve tops of varying thickness, one down jacket (not pictured), two tank tops
- Clothes – Bottoms: Pants that zip off into shorts, 1 pair of crops (was going to be tights, but forecast is for sun all week)
- Unders – 5 pairs underwear, 3 sports bras, 3 pairs hiking socks (I may be overpacking here)
- Shoes – hiking boots and keen sandals
- Cook gear – my hiking partner is taking a small msr stove, 2 fuel bottles (1 is pictured) and a pot
- Food – I am carrying 2 camp dinners, 5 power bars, heaps of trail mix, nuts and dried fruit, black & peppermint tea, and my favorite bar of chocolate – Lindt with caramel…. mmmmmmmmm
- Others: Swiss army knife, spork, fire paste (in case the wood is wet), matches, toiletries, 3L camelback, two collapsable hiking poles, headlamp
- Unnecessary: cribbage board and cards, camera bag (this gets cut while packing), cell phone, jiffy pop
Now can I actually lift all this?????
Whether I can carry it 75 km is another question…..